Did you know our products mainly utilise one main material...paper.
Our reason behind this?
- paper is one of the few truly sustainable materials out there;
- it's made from wood, a natural and renewable material;
- as young trees grow they absorb CO2 from the atmosphere;
- paper continues to store carbon throughout its lifetime;
- we love it;
- we know how to work well with it.
The paper industry has a number of certification schemes ensuring the paper we use comes from a sustainable forest source. The two most recognisable certifications are the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) and the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC™).
Both are committed to achieving the certification of forests to credible, independently verified standards of responsible forest management, and focus on conserving the natural habitats of plants, animals and respecting the rights of forestry workers as well as local communities.
They operate a robust chain of custody schemes that track wood and wood fibre through every step of the supply chain, from the forest through to the end user.
If you want to find out more about how sustainable paper really is, visit Love Paper, the global campaign promoting the facts about paper, print and paper packaging.
#sustainablemakers #ecogifts #renewable #natural